Monday, July 20, 2015

If you love it, don't let it go!

Ever have one of those days, or weeks when nothing seems to go right?  I was reminded of being "let down" this weekend with my son.  He didn't have the best week with sports.  He put his heart into it, just fell short.  As we cried together and reflected on the week,  I asked him "do you love it?"  He looked at me, with tears rolling down his eyes, and said "yes, yes I do."  "If you love it, don't let it go son!"  I shared a poem with him, and thought to myself there may be someone else that needs to see this today, or this week.     

My blog picture, on the abandoned railroad tracks, is a perfect example.  Looks like an effortless picture, but the reality is....it took me FOREVER to get that picture!  I fell so many times, it was hot, my hands were covered in calluses from holding the pose.  I looked at the photographer and said "I think I'm done, let's move on"  We moved over to a train and did a couple poses over there.  I took a deep breath and marched right back to those tracks.    



When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest, if you must, but don't you quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow--
You may succeed with another blow.
Often the goal is nearer than,
It seems to a faint and faltering man,
Often the struggler has given up,
When he might have captured the victor's cup,
And he learned too late when the night slipped down,
How close he was to the golden crown.
Success is failure turned inside out--
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far,
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

- Author unknown –

No comments:

Post a Comment